One of most popular ingredients on our menu is our cauliflower rice due to its dense nutrient values and its low calorie count. Did you know it’s easy to make and store at home? It’s a great alternative to grains and brilliant way to squeeze more veggies into your day.
Follow these easy steps to make and store your own cauliflower rice:
- Remove leaves.
- Wash and dry the cauliflower.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets for the food processor.
- Blitz the cauliflower florets in your food processor, until it is fluffy, resembles rice. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your food processor. **Don’t have a food processor? Don’t worry! You can use a grater instead. If using a grater, please ignore step 3 and cut your cauliflower into four large quarters to make it easier to grate.**
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the cauliflower rice using a tea towel or kitchen paper. This prevents your cauliflower rice from going soggy after being stored in the freezer.
- Label and date your freezer bags clearly.
- Portion your cauliflower rice into your freezer bags (We portioned one cup of cauliflower rice per bag = 1 serving).
- Place flat in the freezer. Your cauliflower rice should be good in the freezer for about 4 months.